My K1 RF board ceramic trimmer capacitors C13 and C20 have an outline shape
that differs from either that described in the K1 assembly instructions or on
the silkscreen outline on the RF board PCB. This is the same question that Dean
asked back on 10/27/12. Don's answer described trimmer capacitors with an
angular shape. This description perfectly describes the trimmer capacitors on
the KFL1-4 filter board (e.g., figure 1 in KFL1-4 assembly instructions) but
does not appear to describe the current crop of RF board trimmer caps. I didn't
see any additional clarification associated with that thread.

The K1 assembly manual (p. 28) describes C13/20 trimmer caps that "have one
side that is flattened." The trimmer caps supplied with my K1 have a round
profile with a square protrusion on one side of the profile, sort of like the
profile of an old-style keyhole. I'm assuming that the square protrusion side
of the trimmer cap equates to the flattened side of the PCB outline (i.e.,
square protrusion pointing to the rear of the PCB) and have installed my
trimmer caps based on this assumption. Is this assumption correct?

As long as I'm pounding away on the keyboard, here's one other question. The K1
"DC voltage check" procedure on p. 30 calls for a power supply voltage of 12-14
VDC. However, my trusty old late-70s-vintage Vanco regulated DC power supply
has an unloaded DC voltage of 14.5 VDC as measured with a Fluke 115. I also
note that the K1 specifications on p. 5 lists a required supply voltage of
8.5-15 VDC. I also suspect that once placed under load, my Vanco PS will drop
to something less than 14 VDC. Is it OK to use this power supply for the DC
voltage check procedure?

Scott
N4KTR