Dave,

One thing to remember is that if you operate any of the contest with your K1
you are taking away a band option if you go with 17 meters.  No contest
allows 17 meter operation---all include 15 meters.  This is true for the
purely qrp events i.e.  qrp to the field, zombie hunt, etc.

If these events don't appeal to you---17 meters would probably be your best
choice(more openings) during this segment of the sun spot cycle.

Unfortunately, the cw portion of 17 is way underused!  It is really a
"great" cw/qrp band and we all need to use it more than we do presently!!

I personally have the Four band module set up for 40, 30, 20, 15 and am
building a 80/17 two bander, or at least I have the parts:-)

I think you will be please with whatever choice you make!!

cu es 72, Bart

> David Toepfer wrote:
>
> >I'm looking for advice/experince again.  I don't really work much on
either 17
> >or 15, so I would like some advice.  The best unsolicited advice has
said:

> >1) There is a lot of local activity (depending on your locality) on 17 on
SSB.