Hi Fabio,

I think I can help you. I had exactly the same problem and posted this
message some time ago:

I wanted to share a very successful procedure to remove one of the flat head
4-40 cover screws from my K3. The screw head was damaged beyond use. There
was a long thread on the subject last year and one poster suggested using a
left hand drill bit. I purchased a 3/32" left hand bit, chucked it into my
hand drill, masked off the screw to avoid any cover damage, drilled very
slowly, and 5 seconds later the drill bit with the entire screw was in my
hands. The threads of the 2-D fastener were totally undamaged and a new
screw was easily put into place. My thanks to the poster that made the
recommendation.

73,
Mike K2MK

Fabio IZ4AFW / NZ1W wrote