Tried that. The Heil Pro-Set with the HC4 crystal element really likes the high
setting. It works on the low setting, but you have to crank the Mic gain way up.

As like I said, I can set the Mic and CMP gain and get indications on the ALC
and CMP meters, as well as hear myself speak in the monitor.

The problem is NOT that the audio isn't getting into the K3/100 -- the problem
is that RF is not coming out.

On Dec 31, 2012, at 2:41 PM, Matt Zilmer <mzil...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Try setting your MIC SEL so that the last character reads 'H' (for
> high).
>
> I had the same problem with a Goldline mic a few years back.
>
> 73,
> matt W6NIA
>
> On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 14:12:19 -0500, you wrote:
>
>> OK, I just assembled this rig a few days after Christmas (I have the best
>> XYL ever), and while I've made hundreds of successful CW contacts, I haven't
>> had anyone hear me on SSB.
>>
>> When TUNE or key on CW, I get the full 100 watt output.
>>
>> I believe the microphone works. The VOX trips, I can hear my voice in the
>> monitor, and adjust the ALC and CMP levels easily.
>>
>> However, when I flip the meter over to SWR / RF and speak, there is only one
>> bar indication on the RF meter. No matter how much I talk / yell into the
>> microphone.
>>
>> I've been trying to think what might be wrong. I only have the stock 2.7 kHz
>> filter, which I installed at FL3. I have the FLTX SB menu set to FL3. I do
>> not have the rig in TX TEST mode. In TX TEST mode, there is NO bar in the RF
>> meter.
>>
>> What have I done wrong?
>>
>> Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa...@arrl.net
>> Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
>> Quote: "Not within a thousand years will man ever fly!"
>>         -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa...@mac.com
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
         -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales