Knut,

FWIW I found that the isolation between the ANT 1 and 2 ports of my KAT100 on 15m was only approx 40db. To increase the isolation between ports, not only did I have to add a relay to ground the port not in use, but I also had to replace the relay-to-port unshielded wiring with coax.

Sounds as though you could have a similar problem with the KAT500.

73,
Geoff
LX2AO