From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Wayne Burdick
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 8:14 PM
To: k...@yahoogroups.com; Elecraft Reflector
Subject: [Elecraft] KX3 BETA firmware release (rev 1.34) -- Digital Voice
Recorder (DVR)

KX3 beta firmware rev 1.34 (with DSP rev 1.04) is now available. This
release includes the new DVR feature, with two transmit messages of up to 15
seconds each. See full instructions in the release notes below.

(By the way, I'd like to thank Lyle, KK7P, for his efforts in getting the
KX3's DSP to access flash memory efficiently for DVR purposes. He had to
rewrite a lot of the DSP manufacturer's own access routines. I think he
achieved some of this while on vacation...don't tell his XYL.)

You'll need the KX3 Utility application to download and install firmware.
For full instructions, refer to our KX3 software page:

    http://www.elecraft.com/KX3/KX3_software.htm

Wayne
N6KR

* * *

MCU 1.34 / DSP 1.04, 12-31-2012

* DVR (DIGITAL VOICE RECORDER) ADDED: There are two transmit messages of up
to 15 seconds each. Message chaining and other message-length options will
be added in a future release.

Setup: Make sure you're in a voice mode, and that the voice MONitor level is
not zero. Typical MON level is 5-10. Message record and play will work with
either VOX or PTT selected.

To record, hold REC, then tap #1 or #2. "ERASING" will appear for 4 seconds,
followed by "TAP XMT". Tap XMIT, then start speaking. To end recording, tap
XMIT again.

To play, tap MSG followed by a tap of #1 or #2.

To play with auto-repeat (e.g., a repeating CQ message), *hold* rather than
tap the #1 or #2 switch. Use MENU:MSG RPT to set the repeat interval.