Hi Fred,

I use Fixed-Tune mode exclusively and I have never experienced the runoff
you described. As soon as about half the VFO-A cursor disappears the screen
refreshes with the cursor on the opposite side.

On a mildly related subject, I'm aware of two ways to center the VFO-A
cursor in Fixed-Tune mode without using the P3 knob. The first way is to
hold the Span/Center button two consecutive times (hold-hold). The other is
to set up one of the four programmable buttons (FN1-FN4) to change tracking
mode. The button label will read FixTrack. Press it once and it changes from
Fixed-Tune mode to Tracking Mode and the VFO cursor jumps to center screen.
Press it again and your back in Fixed-Tune mode. So it's a push-push
operation to get the cursor to center screen and return to Fixed-Tune mode.
You can also have a K3 button perform this operation as a macro.

73,
Mike K2MK

k6dgw wrote