> I also noticed that when the K3 is showing the baud rate in the
> CONFIG menu, it will show 4800 baud when I press the DISP button.

That sounds like the P3-to-K3 RS-232 connection is not working. It should automatically be set to 38,400 baud. Do you see the K3 VFO A frequency display on the P3?

The SteppIR Y cable should go between the P3 and the computer. It theoretically should still work if it is on the K3 side, but it works better on the PC side and perhaps something isn't connected properly.

Alan N1AL