From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of iain macdonnell -
N6ML
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 10:57 AM
To: Jim Sheldon
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [K3] Line Out level

I usually run the line out level around 20. If you need it to be less than
1, you must be feeding a mic level input. Sounds like you need to add an
attenuator, if you can't use a line-level input.

73,

    ~iain / N6ML

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Jim Sheldon <w...@cox.net> wrote:
> Is there any chance of getting the K3's line out level lowered?  Even when
set to it's lowest level of 1, it puts out a bit too much audio for my
TASCAM US-100 external sound card.  The TASCAM has an external input level
control and even with it all the way down, the K3 puts out too much audio
for all the sound card apps I use (Digipan, MMTTY, FLDIGI, etc).

> If set to zero, then there's no output at all.  The output level for #1 in
the menu should be about half or maybe even a quarter of what it is now.
That would also allow the various Windows mixers a lot better control over
the soundcard input level too.