5 watts on PSK will work if you are in an empty section on the waterfall.  In a
crowded situation with strong signals nearby, you will be stepped on and
obliterated by the strong signal.  Certain DX stations are notorious for
overdriving the waterfall and wiping out other signals.  You are better off
calling CQ in location away from nearby strong signals.  At 5 watts your
printing on the waterfall can be faint depending on propagation.  I did get
Hawaii once on PSK with my K2.  My luck with PSK has always been better at
25-30 watts.  That is just the nature of this mode.  At QRP power, CW is much
more efficient.  Make sure you have enough drive to just trigger the ALC
circuit.  You are also better off decoding the PSK signal with Fldigi or DM780
- just a better PSK experience with the macros and all.

Ariel NY4G

Sent from my iPad