Following up on my High SWR problems (no response from Elecraft Support on
Friday to my email):
I disconnected the KAT500 and KPA500 and connected A4S feed-line directly to
the K3.  It loaded beautifully and the internal tuner read 1.0-1.  Good, not
the feed line or the K3…
Next I connected the KPA 500 (without the KAT500) and turned the K3 on….the
display "froze" a few characters into the "welcome K4TM"  message and the power
button would not turn the K3 off - I had to turn the Astron 35M off to cut
power to the K3.  When I turned the K3 on again, I get a blank screen and must
shut the power supply off to turn the K3.
I've had a Kenwood 520SE and a 570D and a TenTec Omni Vii - Drake TR-4 before
all that and I know the K3 is smarter than I am but I have never encountered
issues like this before!  Any ideas?
Thanks for listening and any help that is directed my way!
And I guess I won't be checking into the Elecraft net today as a result.
73,
Cary, K4TM

H. Cary III
h3c...@gmail.com