FB on your mod for the speaker.... There are a lot of
options a person can think of for a battery back
outside of the K1. I got hooked on lithium batteries!
<g> I have the latest set installed for a long, long
time! For me I dislike re-chargable batteries for the
K1. Could you not just take an outboard battery pack
and plug it into the regular DC input of the K1? The
L. batteries are not all that expensive because my
wife can order them overnight from Office Depot at her
office for  a big discount for me.

Pastor Paul, KD3JF

--- Ron Pfeiffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well I liked the idea of the internal battery for
> field use but I did not
> like the sound
> coming out of the little replacement speaker.  So I
> got out my round file
> and I enlarged
> the original speaker hole in the battery bracket. I
> enlarged it more towards
> the center of
> the radio and towards the back of the radio.  I then
> cut a notch in the
> corner of the original speaker so it would clear the
> post near the
> front-right. Placed the original speaker grill over
> the speaker to minimize
> vibration and placed the new battery cover on.
> Turned K1 on and once again
> that sweet K1 sound came forth from the radio.
>
> Next mod I want to do is add the same jack to the
> battery bracket as the K1
> 12V on the back panel. I will then terminate battery
> packs with matching
> plug.  Then I can keep the packs external
> and charged. Use them at home by plugging directly
> into the back power
> connector and
> when I want to go to the field just put a charged
> battery inside the K1.  I
> know there is an
> extra voltage drop by plugging into the back
> connector but I feel the
> convenience overrides
> the loss of voltage.
>
> Any helpful info or suggestions to what I have done
> would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Ron

Paul Gates, KD3JF