All:

I have KPA500 #1170 up and running now for several months.
I wonder if other users see what I see:

The amp turns on with the rig, but does not turn off with
the rig.  You still have to press the power button on the
amp to turn it off.  When the amp is on and the rig is on as
well, the front panel power button on the amp is disabled.

When the rig is on and the amp is off, you cant turn the amp
on via the front panel power button! You have to turn the
rig off, then turn the amp off, then turn the rig on
whereupon the amp turns on with the rig.

Since the rig controls power, shouldnt it turn the amp both
ON *AND* OFF?  Seems like a silly bug, but it could be a
feature (see? the amp will not let you accidentally power it
off when you have the rig on!)

Switching the amp from OPER to STBY creates a momentary hiss
in the audio (headphones) before the beep tells me that the
amp has changed modes. Is this normal?  What's the hiss
from, the TR diodes in the amp?

What is the "latest" software out there for the KPA500?
Mine came with 1.11, Elecraft suggested I move to 1.17.  I
just found 1.18 but without release notes and someone on the
reflector here mentioned that they had 1.23 installed.

I have a separate serial port with a USB to Serial converter
on it for amp software updates.  The Utility used to enable
me to watch what was going on on the amp while it was
operating.  Now, the Utility will only connect to the amp
when the rig is off.  This started with the installation of
1.18 firmware.  Anybody else see this?

Other than those little quibbles, this thing absolutely
rocks!

Thanks!

Lu Romero - W4LT
K-Line and a K1

PS, yes, I have both Pin10 and Pin11 removed in the cable.
The set up here is N1MM/Logger 32 log with microHAM
microKEYER2 for CAT CW and DVK, P3 and K3 daisy chained,
KPA500 on the Y cable with the key interruptor inline,
antenna tuner is MFJ998.  Amp keying via RCA plug
interrupted by MFJ998 at 2:1 SWR.