Ron,

That would be a nice 'option' to have.

I use my KX3 as a mobile rig and when touring and I come into a town I need
to either turn the volume down (easy) or simply turn it off and this does
become more complicated with the 2 button press while keeping my eyes on
the road ahead.

I don't know IF this could be done but I would welcome any work around that
may come along?

73
Gary

On 17 January 2013 05:39, KM4VX <ronce...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Great radio and I am enjoying it along with my other Elecraft products:
>  K1,
> K2, KAT100, KA100. K3, P3, KPA500, KAT500, W2 and XG3 (walking
> advertisement). Question: It would be very convenient if one could turn on
> and off the KX3 with one button as opposed to having to push two. For those
> of us sans backpack the two button security feature is more cumbersome than
> one might imagine, particularly when using the Nifty Ham Accessory stand
> for
> the KX3 and the many input ports on the left side of the radio. If this
> option could be made available in a software/firmware upgrade it would be
> helpful for those of us not planning to ham while mountain climbing,
> skiiing
> or scuba diving etc. Thanks. Ron KM4VX
>

> --

*Gary - VK1ZZ