Tabb,

I now have received my KX3 and it's working ok. Took me just part of an evening to assemble it. Of course I did try the HDSDR software and indeed I have the same hum, which is due to ground loops. I also experienced the total lack of image suppression but that turned out to be a bad contact in the 3.5 mm jack plug at the female end of the adapter cable for 3.5 > 2.5 mm. Thoroughly cleaning the plug solved the problem. Next step will be the isolation. The Softrock mixer has an isolated BNC connector at it's input, therefore did not show this hum problem.

73,
Peter - PA0PJE

Don Wilhelm schreef:
Tabb.

You are seeing images.  That is a result of either imbalance in your
soundcard gain settings for the I and Q settings or a failure ot the
application to adjust for those images.  If you are using NaP3 as your
application, there are steps you can take to detect and cancel the
images - tune to a strong signal and the cancellation process is automatic.

I refer you to the archives on LP-Pan Yahoo group for more information.
Most of the information on NaP3 and PowerSDR-IF can be found there.

73,
Don W3FPR