Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:44 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 Receiver

Good morning everyone from snowy, frigid Michigan...

I have K3 SN# 52XX and the receive seems to come and go on 30 mts - that's where I notice it the most but it happens on other bands too.

My AGC settings are:

AGC DLY - NORM
    AGC HLD - 0
    AGC PLS - NORM
    AGC SLP - 4
    AGC THR - 12
    AGC F - 120
    AGC S - 20

For example, the S-meter will be reading an S3 noise level and I can see it on the P3. Suddenly, the noise levels drops to zero and the P3 follows. If I'm listening to a CW signal, that signal drops too. If I hit the keyer and send a dit, the receive comes back. I've noticed this on a few of the other bands too.

I am running the latest firmware and software but I've noticed it on the previous versions too.

Ideas???

Thanks.

Larry, KN8N