Don

I agree with you both physiologically and technically about the ESSB and AM
modes on the
amateur radio bands.

However, we have K3 radios that are configured to support all these modes.  For
that reason (IMHO), I believe it's important that they be properly supported
and maintained by Elecraft or dropped as supported modes.

There are at least two popular radios made by competitors that have attracted a
portion of customers by offering ESSB as a mode.  And there are groupies
running AM especially on 160 meters, some with K3s.  There are also
broadcasters running ESSB in growing numbers with the FLEX and Yaseu 3000/5000
radios.  I hear them often.  Why?  I don't get it but its real. The owner base
of K3 users tend represent those who want to experienment and operate with all
that's possible. The K3 can do that and play well in the company of the
alternatives.

73,

John, W1QS