Hi Don,

> Do you have 50 MHz mapped out in the K3 band mapping?

Excellent call, Don !
I'd not fully understood the BND-Map with respect to additional
transverter implications, especially that the K3 has 50mhz as does the
XV50. So my error was that I'd unmapped XV650 and allowed K3(50) .

With regards to the bugaboo about 6m xvter nt functional all the time,
Daisy-Chain Plug #2 measured from the end of the chain, had a very very
small pigtail extending from where the two cable-bare-ground wires went
into that pin on the end. The pigtail allowed contact to the adjacent
non-used pin. Now, I can't say that it mattered since the pin is unused
in the plug itself. I do knpw that once I clipped the roughly 1/32nd
extension that no matter how I twisted-about that cable, the XV50
continued to transmit. 'd missed it I guess the other times I'd opened
the connector.

Well, I hope this fixed it anyway If I come back in a say or two whining
about intermittent output on xvtr then its a different matter.

While I have the attention, the outputs power of the XV50 is 30, on its
LED's and sorta that on the wattmeter(s).

This is good. Except that the indicated drive from the K3, via
CONFIG:XV1-PWR,  is "L . 12"

 If I allow the setting of 1.0 mw then I can get more out and we know
this is absolutely not what we want lest I blow the PA.

I'd had it set as the other xvtr's at L 1.0 mw .

--
73
KD7YZ Bob