Bob

I can't bring to mind any user setting which would cause this issue.
However, before getting out your sledgehammer, I suggest you run through the
TX Gain Calibration routine, which is in the manual - pay particular
attention to the Milliwatt Calibration because this is the power level used
to drive the transverter. I'm not 100% convinced this will help, because you
say that the 432MHz transverter behaves fine.

Given your earlier mentioned problem with the 144MHz transverter tx
frequency, it looks like the transverter has an obscure problem best
directed to the experts - Elecraft Inc.

One last suggestion, are you getting these results with amplifier and
aerials attached - possibly you have an issue with RF getting into your
power supply. If you can, see if the results of your test change when you
use a dummy load.

John G4ZTR

  _____