In contests, I often call CQ in the REPEAT mode (Hold the M1-4 key for the
memory with the CQ in it). I tune the SUB receiver VFO up or down the band to a
different frequency, getting ready to search for new multipliers after the CQ
ends. On 160 meters at Multi-Multi op station W3LPL, between sending repeated
CQ's, I often want to quickly move the SUB receiver to the frequency of a DX
Custer spot to check it out. The problem is that the way the K3 firmware is
presently written, there is no way of knowing the frequency of the SUB receiver
while a CQ is being sent in the REPEAT mode. The LCD readout displays "REPEAT"
while the repeated CQ is being sent.

It would be better if the "REPEAT" message displayed on the LCD screen was
replaced with the SUB receiver frequency while VFO-B is being tuned. A slight
delay in re-displaying 'REPEAT' could be added after the VFO-B tuning stops.

Is it only me, or are there other K3 (w/SUB receiver) contest ops who would
like this firmware change?

73,
Rich - K1HTV