This is not necessarily an Elecraft issue, but there is a wealth of ham radio
expertise on this reflector, so I thought I would collect some opinions:

I have a small straight key mounted on steel plate that I want to be able to
attach to my K1 while operating. I was thinking of using strong magnets, and a
piece of sheet steel attached to the case of the K1 (I think the case is
aluminum, no?). Anyway, my question is this: will strong magnetic fields have
any effect on the K1, aside from possibly the speaker? I think  I read
something about affecting VFO circuitry, but I cannot find that reference.

Any an all opinions would be most welcome.

73,
Mike