From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Edward Dickinson III
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 11:25 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] S-Meter

I think I like the idea.

Dick - KA5KKT

  _____

I noticed Ten Tec has changed the operation of the s-meter on the Eagle,
Omni 7, and the Orion 2.

The meter now does not deflect to the right when the RF gain is turned down,
but continues to operate normally giving readings of weaker signals.

Someone explained to me one time there was a reason for having the s-meter
configured to deflect to the right when the RF gain is turned back,  but in
my mind I would like to see the RF gain ride the signals instead of
deflecting.

What do you think?

Toby  W4CAK