Phil,

There is no ALC input to the K2, and normally it is not needed.  There is
ALC internally in the K2 to keep the output level at whatever power is
selected on the POWER knob.

Adjust the output level of the K2 to the proper level to drive the
transverter to full output, and the K2 will control that level internally.

73,
Don W3FPR