I put BPF boards in both receivers but if I had only one it would
go in the sub RX.  1) I am more likely to use the out of band Rx
for listening to the "AM Band" and using the Sub RX with a separate
antenna eliminates the losses associated with the pin diode T/R switch.
2) I am likely to want to use the main RX for normal ham operations
while listening to something else (WWV, route weather, SW BC, etc.)
and having the second RX available for the SWLing even when using the
transceiver normally "just makes sense".

On the other hand, if I had a need to *transmit* outside the ham bands
I would have no choice other than to put the BPF in the main RX.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV