 From: Don Wilhelm <w3...@embarqmail.com>
To: Brian Handy <holy_tire_i...@yahoo.com>
Cc: "elecraft@mailman.qth.net" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 12:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [K2] KAT2 Question

Brian,

Are you certain you had the J7 connector backwards?  The coax shield should be
toward the right side panel.
The results you are now getting indicate that you have something wrong with
what you changed.
That power reading is likely coming from the K2 RF board RF output detector
rather than from the KAT2.  If that is the case, the KAT2 is not being
recognized - check the connector to the Control Board.

An inability to achieve a null on C55 is usually an indication of a problem
with T1.  Check that it is wound in the same direction as shown in the manual.
Check that the proper color leads are in the right holes.  Look at the solder
side of T1 - there should be no rings in the solder around the leads - that is
an indication that the leads were not well stripped and tinned.
I would suggest removing T1 and re-winding it.  It MUST look just like the
diagram in the manual or it will not function properly.

73,
Don W3FPR