Hi Paul,

Just a follow up to the problem you reported. I was experimenting today and
experienced the same problem you mentioned when I had the VFO tuning set to
coarse (one digit after the decimal point). If it was set to fine (2 digits)
or very fine (3 digits) it worked perfectly. In fact, even if the signal is
perfectly centered in coarse tuning, pressing auto spot chased the VFO off
frequency.

I did notice something interesting, however. When in fine or very fine
tuning pressing auto spot causes 3 digits to the right of the decimal to
briefly appear. That suggests to me that even when only 2 digits are showing
pressing auto spot momentarily engages higher resolution for spotting. When
in coarse mode with only one digit showing pressing auto spot does not cause
3 or even 2 digits to momentarily appear. Perhaps the programmers might be
able to improve the auto spot function in coarse tuning if interest warrants
a change.

From a personal point of view I was not able to manually tune CW signals in
coarse mode (one digit showing). Even with the assistance of my P3 I found
it far to difficult for my unsteady hands to accomplish the task.

73,
Mike K2MK

KC2NYU wrote