@ Jay,
> Review the MIC CONFIG settings and maybe your TX equalizers
settings

Never used them but just looked at the Tx EQ and it is flat @ 0.
Mic select is front panel, MIC+LIN is off

@ Bill, Mic is an old Heil HM-5 desk mic & the element is an old Heil
HC-4. Nothing plugged into the audio jacks except my Bose QC15
headset is in the phone jack. The element only has two connections, I
haven't set bias anywhere. Maybe I should experiment with the bias
settings but I don't see that in the menu or config options.

Gary