Hello All

My K2 Rev. A worked all the years very well. But as I have the parts for
upgrading to Rev. B since long, I have now finally made the modifications,
except the Thermistor board installation, and run into problems with the PLL.
With CAL FCTR and BAND-, the reading is in range, but BAND+ flickers around
50khz. As soon as I move the VFO the reading is in range, but gets lost again
after pushing BAND+ again. CAL PLL returns Info 232. Despite this problem, the
K2 receiver works on all bands and modes with some clicks at rounds of 5khz
while turning the vfo. While checking the voltages at R30 I have noticed that
some readings are 0 Volt while changing mode and or band. Maybe X1 is faulty?
All parts used are from the mod-kits sold by Elecraft and I have inspected the
soldering more than once, but one never knows... Of course the K2 is now far
away from really useful. Where should I start searching?
Many thanks in advance for any help.

Gerald, HB9CEY

K2 #488, KX1 #2203, KX3 #0433