Thank you Don,

Yes, I dropped a zero in there (should be 38400).

I do understand that rig control is different from digital modes and RX I/Q.

I didn't make a point of it but the "complication" is mostly because this little netbook doesn't have a real "audio in" capability. Instead of the usual Phones and Mic jacks, there is only one jack and the documentation seems to say it can be configured for phones OR mic (but not both at once). So I have to get the sound in via USB.

That's where it got a little confusing because of two things: The sample rate of 11025 I see in a field of several digital mode programs and the "format" choice in the Advanced Tab of the USB device's Preferences that allow a channel setting (1 or 2) a Bit setting (8 or 16) and a KHz rating.

Also "where is the sound card?" is an issue. For example, if I use SignaLink - SignaLink is the sound card. If I use the Griffin device, I believe it just passes the audio to the PC sound card - but I could be wrong there because it does show up as a "sound source". And if I use the RX I/O jack on the KX3, that seems, via a device like Griffin to give there required stereo-in, to also use the Rig sound card.

That part is fuzzy.

73,
Paul

--
For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall ne'er enjoy.