I'm trying to use HDSDR - but may switch to NaP3. I have the same display
problem you describe. OmniRig seems to control the rig okay and clicking on
a frequency in the HDSDR display change rig. But i have a big spike and two
lessor traces on each side - no matter what band I am on.

I am plugging the Elecraft RX I/Q (from Elecraft) cable into a Griffin audio
device that takes mic and audio in and has USB out. The Griffin has a slide
with Mic and Line positions and I understand that Line gives stereo out.

You were talking about NaP3 but as I have the same kind of display on HDSDR
I'm guessing it is the same problem and hopefully will have the same
solution.

My cable are from Elecraft. I could use an outboard SignaLink or external
Sound blaster card. But the more (bulky) things I have to "add-in" the less
portable my portable setup is becoming. The Griffin device is the size of a
dollar - back when there were dollar coins - so it would be great if it
could be used.

73,
Paul
K7NHB