Don,

Make certain the SignaLink is set for line level output, then in SSB mode, set the MIC select for LINE and adjust the audio input level. After that, turn MIC+LIN to ON and the mic gain knob will control only the mic level (the line level should stay as you set it).

That should allow you to use either the microphone or the SignaLink audio inputs without switching. How to kill the microphone audio when transmitting digital is up to you to solve - both inputs will be live.

I would think you would want to set the SSB compression to zero for the best digital IMD and keep the TX EQ set flat. One advantage of using DATA mode is that is done automatically for you, but not so in SSB mode.

73,
Don W3FPR