Hi Benny,

I set up the FN buttons on my P3/SVGA for different spans.  For example FN1
might be 5 KHz span, FN5 = 20 KHz span, FN2 = 200 KHz span.   I also have a
function key to turn fixed tune mode on/off.  And I have a FN key set as
Knob Tap.

The SVGA does a couple of things for me.  Since it is doing a larger FFT (2K
vs 1K) I get better detail of a signal.  This is especially useful for
tuning in digital modes.  The SVGA also allows you to have almost the entire
screen displaying the waterfall.  This gives you a very long history and is
especially useful working crowded bands and pileups.

Of course I would suggest picking up an SVGA card

73,

Paul