Keep in mind what's "normal" depends upon where you are. My recollection is that MTTY used to transmit on USB as non-inverted. I think USB RTTY is standard elsewhere too.

I don't think the argument has ever been settled which sideband is the "normal" one for CW either.

I wonder if there is a correlation between which side of the road one drives on that the proper sideband to use........

73 de Brian/K3KO