Dick,

Since your external counter fails to give the right frequency range with BAND-, there is something more than the probe that is not right. Look at the soldering of L31 and and the PLL crystal - reflow that soldering as a first measure.
Check the value of RP2 - it should be 10k (last 3 digits 103).
Make certain D16 and D17 are not swapped. D16 should be an MV209 and when viewed from the top looks about the same as a transistor. D17 is a 1SV149 which has a much thinner body. Check the orientation of D17 carefully too. It has 2 flat sides and the shorter flat side has chamfered corners (or edges if you prefer). That shorter side is the rounded side.

Because you have very close to the correct frequency with BAND+, I think is happening.is the varactors are just fine when the reverse voltage is high, but when the voltage is low, the capacity presented by the varactors is too low. That could be caused by D16 and D17 swapped or D17 in backwards, or not good connections to L31 and the crystal.

Since you may have a potential problem with the probe, check with your external counter for both the PLL high and low frequencies. There is nothing magic about the internal probe for that part of the procedure, it is simply a check that the circuit is oscillating and the crystal and varactors and L31 are behaving as expected. You have to get that situation solved before the other tests will be meaningful. After you have the correct frequencies on your external counter, if the internal probe does not produce nearly the same frequencies, then you can investigate the probe.

As for the LoBAtt message, that is likely coming from the plugging of the 3 pin header P7 on the Control Board. The jumper should be in the INT position (the 2 pins closest to the center of the board). If it is plugged correctly, review the soldering on CB P7, R9, R19, and U3.

73,
Don W3FPR