On 4/10/2013 12:57 PM, Dyarnes wrote:
I, for one, am most pleased with my set (I actually have two of them),
and think they are head and shoulders above the Heil headset combo I had
been using (the "IC" model, which is the same thing Elecraft sells under
their own name). The earphones are considerably better, and they fit nicely.

The CM-500 has been a "poorly kept secret" for several years.  I got one
when Bob Heil refused to sell me repair parts for my 30 year old ProSet
HC5 a few years ago.  I quickly bought a second CM-500 as a spare - the
cost *for the pair* was less than what the "Heil Hospital" wanted just
to replace the mic clamshell and HC-5 element on my ProSet.

The effort to fit a CM-500 to Kenwood, Yaesu or Ten-Tec is minor -
they are a direct "plug-in" for the Elecraft and Icom (with bias).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV