Just a note to those with or looking to acquire an Astron PS for a 100w HF station:

I have owned an Astron 35VM for many years (bought new in 1981) and only had to replace the regulator chip when I reversed bias trying to use is as batter charger. Otherwise perfect service. Being an analog PS there is no RFI.

Note I got both the meters and variable voltage and current. The supply has been my bench supply for over a decade and having the metering and variable settings very helpful in testing and repair work.

My main station "12vdc" PS is an Astron 50M. It runs at 14.2 vdc to handle the 0.5v voltage drop thru 15-foot of #4awg welding wire to the radio desk. It runs 24/7.

I also have a B&K 0-30v, 3A bench supply for those small projects and to recharge my MFJ analyzer, etc.

One cannot have too many PS!

two Astron 28v, 20A at my dish
a 30v, 8A variable supply to run 28v relays, etc.
4kV, 1.5A PS for the 8877
MOT repeater PS: 13.8v & 27v for 28v: runs my 300w HF amp and 150w 222-MHz amp
a pile if more PS in the garage and shed

73, Ed - KL7UW