From: Don Wilhelm [mailto:w3...@embarqmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2013 4:33 PM
To: K5HM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 with Heathkit SB200

Ron,

Unless the SB200 has been modified to use positive voltage for PTT, you
will need some sort of interface (like a relay) in the PTT line.  The
SB200 uses slow open frame relays for T/R switching, so it is not
suitable for QSK operation, so use PTT in the K3 to allow the realys
time to switch - or get a QSK add-on mod for the amplifier.

As for the ALC,  the best recommendation is to not connect it. Adjust
the output of the K3 to properly drive the SB200 and there is no need
for ALC.

73,
Don W3FPR