I use 2 of the Yeasu MLS100 speakers thru a stereo adapter into the back
speaker jack of the K3. They are small, black and I think nice looking in
the K Line equipped shack, Main receiver on the left, sub receiver on the
right or both on with sub receiver off. Work very well in my opinion, and
only $49.00 each at AES...

NF8J
Paul

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Mike Rodgers
<mikerodgerske5...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Most are satisfied with small speakers and some like the big 8-12 ones
> that seem to cut some of the high frequency hiss.
>
> It's not one size fits all and even a particular speaker size is not a one
> size fits all. I can see where a speaker enclosure that matches would be
> desirable for a lot of folks where you could install your preferred speaker.
> Look at how many $200 speakers with filters have been sold by the big3 to
> match their radios.
>
> I've used small ones, a kenwood one and currently using an old classroom
> public address speaker. It seems the large ones are hard to find around
> here.
>
> I've also finally got rid of my hiss/roar/frying bacon with the addition
> of a external equalizer and mainly pushing the 3.5 slider of the unit to -4
> to -6db. (3.2 on k3 @-16).
> RFI was a bit of a problem for my close antenna.
>
> 73
> Mike R
>
> Play me some fiddle, but no stinkin' violin!
>
> Amateur/Ham Radio KE5GBC
> HF & Echolink mobile

Paul VanOveren
5911 Snow Av