Jim,

If you want more precise power control at levels below 100 watts, why not put the KPA500 into standby? The KPA500 has approximately 15 dB of gain, so the resolution in power output is 15 dB (31.62 times) worse than the power resolution on the 100 watt K3.

With the KPA500 in standby, the sensitivity of the power knob will be 31.62 times better than with the KPA500 active.

73,
Don W3FPR