>>> I read the whole thing, too. It appears that the improvements are
>>> measurable...the only question is, "Is it worth the trouble?" It is
>>> obviously an awful
>>> lot of work.

The short answer is probably no -- it's not worth the effort unless you really
need to eek out a few dB of additional headroom in a radio that already has in
excess of 100 dB of close-in dynamic range. There is also a claim of improved
MDS on some bands. To investigate this, one of our engineers is doing careful
before/after measurements of I7SWX's replacement mixer. On his first attempt,
he found the noise floor to be much higher than with the original K3 mixer.
He's working with the designer to see if this is an anomaly.

73,
Wayne
N6KR