OTOH... my wife and I have Bluetooth earbud/microphone sets we can "pair" with our cell phones. Perhaps a teeny tiny additional circuit in the KX3 would allow me to pair my Bluetooth gizmo with the KX3.

While you are doing this, might as well add voice recognition software so I can say "band up" or "band down" or "VFO up" or "VFO down" or "nail that CW caller" (with voice to CW translation at the callers speed). No need for CW to voice translation, just learn International Morse code.

Hop - AC8NS

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Lankshear" <d...@lanks.plus.com>
To: <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KX3 internal microphone

If you give it more thought, with an internal mic, it would remove the need for adding a mic to the rucksack when out /P, for which the KX3 is designed.
Have you read Wayne's 4lb challenge?

If you want to sit at home with a mic in hand, or a desktop mic weighing as much as the KX3 and natter to your buddies then you wouldn't be bothered by a pinhole on the fascia, unless dreadfully fussy. Lots of suggestions have been made for the KX3 so far and if they don't get applied to the KX3, maybe they'll be in the KX4. Anyway, it'll need to shrink a heck of a lot before
it becomes a cellphone Hi!

73 Dave G3TJP

 _____