Scotty,

That is a very narrow range, with the 68 pF capacitor at C2, you should have 80 to 100 kHz, and with the 120 pF you will have about 150 kHz. Check the orientation of D3 - the shorter flat side is the "rounded" side. Also check C11 and C12 to be certain they are both 1200 pF (and not the 120 pF). C5 should be 3300 pF. If you installed the 68 pF for C2, you should have a 120 pF polystyrene capacitor left, if it is some other value, you have the wrong capacitor at either C3, C11 or C12.

You might also measure the voltage at P1 pin 14 as you rotate the VFO pot. If it does not change from near zero to near 6 volts, look for something wrong with the wiring of the VFO pot.

73,
Don W3FPR