On Tue, 7 May 2013 09:24:00 -0700, Chris Rutkowski wrote:

> This behavior is mildly annoying and doesn't seem right.

Just for the record, I recently had a one-time occurrence of this sort
of thing.  It was on 6 meters and the reflected power into the TS-590
was quite high.  That was something I didn't expect, so didn't check
input SWR quite as quickly as I should have.  I simply noticed the
output power on the radio was less than half and wouldn't go up.  When I
did look at the SWR reading at the radio, it was high inline, as well as
in stby, and (I believe) power off (front panel).  I checked other
bands, all good.  Came back to 6M, and it was too.  ???

This brings up another thing.  With the pin-diode switching, the antenna
analyzer is not happy at all, especially on six.  It is useless for
looking at the antenna through the amp.  One could say "of course", but
it just needs to be noted that there are devices inline, even when
turned "off" or stby.

Gary
--
http://ag0n.net