Sorry, that page 14 is at the back of the manual in the Troubleshooting Appendix.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 5/12/2013 5:50 AM, mtebe...@mchsi.com wrote:
Don, thanks for your reply.  I do not understand your reference to page 14.
Page 14 in my manual is nothing but resistors being installed.

I have noticed that it is drawing 3.3 amps when set for 2 watts and displays
Hi-Cur.

I have checked all the components you mentioned and everything appears to be
correct.
Checking the TP1, I get 6714 khz.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Wilhelm" <w3...@embarqmail.com>
To: mtebe...@mchsi.com
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2013 2:57:55 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K2: Low Output Only on 160M

Mike,

The easiest way to troubleshoot that problem is to isolate the problem
to the failing stage.
Use the RF Probe and measure the points given for the transmit path
starting halfway down the left column on page 14
Making those measurements on 40 meters will not be meaningful for your
problem, but if you switch between 80 meters (or another working band)
and 160 meters, you can compare the amount of RF voltage at each stage.
Make the measurements in the order listed.  The first point where the RF
voltage is significantly lower on 160 meters is a likely suspect.

Possible problem spots are:
1) The Transmit Buffer - are C94 and C150 the correct values and well
soldered?
2) The Bandpass Filter - are C13 and C14 the correct value (1200 pF
marked 122) and well soldered?

Check the VFO frequency at TP1 with the internal counter probe when
tuned to 1800 Hz.  It should be near 6715 kHz.  If it is not, check the
value and soldering of C75 (470 pF marked 471).

Low pass filter problems usually result in both low power out and high
current draw, but check the soldering of the K160RX toroids again.  Make
certain the toroid leads are in the correct holes.

73,
Don W3FPR