From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Scott Manthe
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 12:29 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500 - power out question

My KPA500 puts out 600-650 watts with 35 watts drive on all bands.  I'm not
sure exactly what's going on with people getting 350 watts out. I'd guess
those reporting 350 watts are running high duty cycle modes, like RTTY or
AM.

People listening to your signal will likely notice very little difference
going 850 watts to 600 watts output. However, the KPA500 adds
6 meters, QSK and auto bandswitching, which for me was worth more than the
3dB I was losing going from 1300 watts to 650.

73,
Scott, N9AA