I use 350 hz pitch and with a decent signal the APF works okay although its not
really needed under those conditions.  When the signal is very very weak it is
hard for me to tell when the stations stops sending, ie the ring from noise
burst sounds the same as the station transmitting.  For that reason it is very
annoying.  I have spent time on 160 trying to copy something with APF that I
cant without but cant find where it really helps.  It does sound neat when you
turn it on and peak up signals and maybe if there were no noise burst at all it
might be more useful.  I use dual QF-1A audio filters for stereo while has more
control for me being able to control each ear separately.   73 Mike K4PI