Larry,

Depending on the design of your PSK31, that resistor COULD likely be causing
the problem by applying voltage to parts of the interface that would
'object' to it.

If your interface does not have DC isolation on the audio input line to the
K2, I would suggest that you add a series capacitor.  The value will depend
on a LOT of things (mainly impedance levels), but I would start with
something like 0.1 uf and see what kind of response results.

73,
Don W3FPR