Don't have anything left from Elecraft that is free.  I used to have a nice
shirt with my name and the serial number of my first K2 on it. They gave it
to me for running a booth at the Utah state convention back in 03 if I
remember. I guess that means it wasn't free!  I have a  SteppIR hat that I
paid for. I have had a few folks recognize it when out in public and ask if
I was a ham.  Still, while I've spent a bunch of money with both Elecraft
and SteppIR, I don't expect them to give me stuff.   Business is business.
Every dollar spent on free gifts is a dollar less profit and means more
money for the basic products.  As for discounts at shows, I suspect having
worked many hamfests, that the cost of going to the show exceeds the profits
made directly from the show. Its  a loss leader but eliminating the cost of
shipping back to the factory helps offset some of that loss. Thus, a show
discount to move inventory.  Want the discount, go to the show, I'm sure you
will spend far more getting there than the discount you receive over
ordering from the factory.  Makes no sense economically for either the
consumer or the seller.

John ke4d

K3/KPA500/SteppIR BigIR/SteppIR 2 element beam.

Unit 38 Fort Clark Springs

Brackettville, TX