Chris,

I use one of the "computer" 2 pin jumpers - try to find one with an open slot at the top. Solder the wire to the center of the exposed top metal. Plug one side of that jumper onto the Mic Configuration Header using an unused pin. If you use the Elecraft pinout, the "Func" pin has no function, so plug it onto the mic jack side of pin 5. Use a wire that is long enough to lift the Control Board and reach the mic configuration header and attach/detach the connector.

73,
Don W3FPR