Stan (AE7UT) wrote ...

I'm just starting a K2 build and was thinking about using the rework
eliminators.
:
:
I have just the basic K2 but plan on putting all the options in over the
next year.

--

    Even if you don't use our products, you still should find our K2 Toroid
Winding App Note useful if you choose to wind the toroids yourself.  See

    Now then, regarding your question ... there's no doubt you can build the
K2 without our products or our Rework-Free "Option Ready" assembly method,
either by exactly following the K2 manual, or as someone suggested, by
stuffing components and jumper wires directly into the K2's gold-plated
mating sockets, (provided you've purchased and installed them).

    It's just that our Headers support all of the options.  And perhaps more
importantly, you won't run the risk of dissimilar metal corrosion on the
internal socket contacts, or the risk of installing these parts in the wrong
place.

    Also, note that if you follow the K2 manual exactly, you'll need to
perform PCB rework to install the mating sockets for three of the options:
KSB2; KAF2/KDSP2; and K60XV.  (In total, five mating sockets are affected.)

    BTW, in addition to our "Option Bypass Header" kit and our "Duplicate K2
PCB Parts" kits, we also offer a second Rework Eliminator(TM) accessory; an
"Internal Mic Adaptor" kit.  It takes full advantage of the K2's Mic
Configuration Header, enabling you to reconfigure the mic jack for any of 66
popular microphones in about two minutes.

    I invite you to check out some of the following resources before making
up your mind.  Please feel free to email us directly if you have questions:

http://www.unpcbs.com/#side-by-side_comparisons
(A Quick Overview of How Dramatically Our Products Simplify Upgrading &
Reconfiguring)

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/6372
(Rework Eliminator(TM) K2 Option Bypass Headers Product Reviews)

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/6918
(Rework Eliminator(TM) K2 Internal Mic Adaptor Product Reviews)

http://www.unpcbs.com/method/
(Dedicated webpage describing our Rework-Free "Option Ready" alternate K2
assembly method)

http://www.unpcbs.com/headers/
(Dedicated webpage describing our Option Bypass Headers kit)

http://www.unpcbs.com/adaptor/
(Dedicated webpage describing our Internal Mic Adaptor kit)

73,
Gary  KI4GGX
webmaster